Pdx speed dating
San Diego International Airport's expansion and enhancement program for Terminal 2 was dubbed "The Green Build".
The April 1957 Official Airline Guide shows 42 departures per day: 14 American, 13 United, 6 Western, 6 Bonanza, and 3 PSA (5 PSA on Friday and Sunday).The airport was the first federally certified airfield to serve all aircraft types, including seaplanes.The original terminal was on the northeast side of the field, on Pacific Highway.As downtown San Diego developed, the airport's 3600-ft second runway was closed as its short length provided no operational benefits other than to support the smallest of aircraft.The airport was originally built and operated by the City of San Diego through the sale of municipal bonds to be repaid by airport users.The airport was also a testing facility for several early U. sailplane designs, notably those by William Hawley Bowlus (superintendent of construction on the Spirit of St.
Louis) who also operated the Bowlus Glider School at Lindbergh Field from 1929–1930.
The site of Dutch Flats is on the other side of the Marine Corps Recruit Depot, in the Midway area, near the current intersection of Midway and Barnett avenues.
Inspired by Lindbergh's flight and excited to have made his plane, the city of San Diego passed a bond issue in 1928 for the construction of a two-runway municipal airport.
The first scheduled jet flights at Lindbergh Field were in 1960: American Airlines Boeing 720s to Phoenix and United Airlines 720s to San Francisco.
The original terminal was on the north side of the airport and was used until the 1960s; the current Terminal 1 opened on the south side of the airport on March 5, 1967. These terminals were designed by Paderewski Dean & Associates.
Convair used the airport for test and delivery flights from 1935 to 1995.